Section B5: Championship Cup Competition Rules
B5:1 The Operational Rules (Sections B1, B2 & B3) apply to the Group Stages of the Championship Cup in all respects except as set out below:
- The format of the groups and the number of winners to go forward to the knock out stages shall be decided by the Board on an annual basis.
- There is no end of season deadline applied to the Group Stages of the Championship Cup and Players correctly registered with a Club at the time of the match may play for that Club in the Competition. Dual Registered players are eligible to play in the Group Stages.
KNOCK OUT STAGES
B5:2 The Operational Rules (Section B1, B2 & B4) apply to the knock out stages of the Championship Cup in all respects except as set out below:
- A free draw will operate in the knock out stages, the home team being the first drawn.
- The Final will be played on a neutral ground as directed by the Board.
- Only Players correctly registered on the Friday immediately prior to the weekend scheduled for the quarter-finals are eligible to play in the quarter finals, semi finals or finals of the competition (where a game is played prior to the weekend ie Thursday or another mid week night then for that game only players must be registered prior to the game concerned).
- In the case of Dual Registered Players only players for whom a Dual Registration has been registered prior to the deadline in this B5:2 (c) and who has played in at least one group stage match or a playoff game (last 16) will be eligible to play in the quarter final onwards for the Club in question. N.B. Players may debut for a Club in the playoff stage of the Championship Cup and may have played for a different Club in the group stages. Any dual registered Player is only permitted to play for one club in the Championship Cup from the last 16 stage onwards.
- The Challenge Cup Levy does not apply to this competition
OVERALL COMPETITION RULES
B5:3 The following Rules also apply to this competition:
- Clubs are required to field a full strength team in all matches in the competition.
- Clubs, Club officials or Players must not publish or cause to be published criticism of the Championship Cup.
- Prize money will be paid following a Club’s elimination from the competition and will be paid subject to the Club abiding by the rules of the Competition. For the avoidance of doubt where a Club breaches the rules there will be financial penalties which will be deducted from the prize money;
- The prize money schedule will be published by the Board from time to time;
- A Cup and medals will be provided as directed by the Board from time to time.