Safeguarding & Protecting Children Course
It is the RFL’s vision to: -
- Ensure that all relevant individuals within the game, including, but not limited to, Coaches, Players, Match Officials and Club Welfare Officers, have confidence in their ability to protect and safeguard the welfare of every child within Rugby League.
- Ensure all adults within the game are able to recognise poor practice or intent and know how to report their concerns.
- Create a generation of Players who are confident to report poor practice or intent.
- Empower Rugby League Clubs to be competent and confident that they are contributing positively to children’s lives.
- Achieve a greater level of awareness of Safeguarding and Protecting Children issues throughout the game.
It is vitally important that individuals at clubs have the necessary skills, confidence and knowledge to enable them to feel confident to safeguard and protect children under their supervision. In order to facilitate this, the RFL have organised some Safeguarding and Protecting Children courses at clubs throughout the country. This course is recommended for all involved with coaching children and is a foundation course for CWOs before the Time To Listen course
The Course costs £20 for all candidates (please note the £20 charge also applies to CWO's).
1) There are a number of courses available at present, details can be found at the bottom of the page. A diagram explaining the new licensing procedure can be found here, this will help determine the urgency of attending an SPC course.
2) Club specific courses can be arranged. If there are sufficient numbers within your club (15-20) the RFL will arrange a session just for your club. Please email email@example.com to register your interest in hosting a session. Alternatively you could run a shared course with a neighbouring club.
3) County Sport Partnerships organise Safeguarding and Protecting Children courses for non sport specific groups.
Langtree Park, St Helens (WA9 3AL) - Monday 20th October - 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Langtree Park, St Helens (WA9 3AL) - Monday 24th November - 6:30pm - 9:30pm
In order to book a place on a Safeguarding and Protecting Children (SPC) Course please call RFL Administration direct on 0113 201 5464.
Alternatively you can book online at www.coachwisebooker.com
You can also source local courses in your area via the Sports Coach UK website, however these courses would not be Rugby League specific – please click here.