Wheelchair Rugby League Volunteer Opportunities
In readiness for the Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby League International Fixtures in 2015 the following exciting volunteer opportunities have arisen at The RFL the National Governing Body for Rugby League.
- Great Britain Wheelchair RL - Team Manager
- Great Britain Wheelchair RL - Assistant Coach
- Great Britain Wheelchair RL - Head Sports Therapist
Great Britain Wheelchair RL International Assistant Coach
The successful candidate will act as Assistant Coach to the GB Wheelchair Rugby League Head Coach and will
- Require a minimum UKCC level 2 coaching qualification
- Have experience in coaching Wheelchair RL
- Be expected to assist the Head Coach in all their responsibilities
Great Britain WhRL Team Manager
The Team Manager is responsible for managing any off-field activity in support of the team and the coach and will
- Work with the Team Coach to establish team standards.
- Organise travel, venues and transport for the team.
- Have experience of managing a representative squad
- Have experience of management of a squad overseas
- Possess outstanding management skills
- Possess excellent inter-personal skills
Great Britain WhRL Head Sports Therapist
- Must hold current relevant qualification
- Ensure appropriate Physiotherapy support including the provision of a well-stocked medical bag
- Experience in managing and coordinating players injuries
- Up to date First Aid qualification (First Aid for Sport/First Aid in the Workplace)
- Apply Sports massage and recovery post games
Positions are for a duration of 2 years, subject to an annual review. All positions are voluntary and appointments will be made subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Applicants should send a current CV plus a supporting letter to
Lyndsey.Spencer@rfl.uk.com no later than 5pm on Friday 2nd January 2015
A short list will be prepared by the Wheelchair RL Management Committee on Sunday 4th January 2015 and interviews will be held on the morning of Sunday 11th January 2015, at Morley, Leeds.
Successful applicants will be informed by Monday 19th January 2015
11 Jan 15 - England Performance Pathway Session + GB WhRL interviews
01 Feb 15 - England Performance Pathway Session
08 Mar 15 - Final England Performance Pathway Session & GB Selection Meeting
19 Apr 15 - GB Session 1
10 May 15 - GB Session 2
14 Jun 15 - GB Session 3
19 Jul 15 - GB Session 4
TBC Aug 15 - GB Camp – 3 days
23-27 Sep 15 - European Championships (including 2 x Test matches versus France)
If you are an applicant with disability who meets the essential requirements of the role we will interview you. We would be pleased to receive applications in alternative formats. The RFL is committed to equality through diversity.