Resources and Equipment
Take a look at the following resources to help you with your learning and development as a coach.
Everything you need to run a successful Rugby League session for young people. Includes: 6 hoops, 42 beanbags, 10 size 3 balls, 10 size 4 balls, 4 footballs, 10 tennis balls, 20 sash/bands and 50 marker cones.
As used on the Talent Pathway. Includes: 1 net ball bag, 6 tennis balls, 1 agility ball, 2 golf balls, 1 squash ball, 1 size 3 football, 1 juggling ball, 1 Reactaball, 1 Frisbee and 1 Vortex Howler.
This set of 14 laminated A5 session cards provides you with durable training tools. On one side, notes give you key information about the core skill. On the reverse, diagrams explain the practical drill to the players during the training session.
The Multistage Fitness Test (also known as the 'bleep test') is now established as the most reliable and easy to use aerobic fitness test.
Also, available as an app for the iPhone.
The Team First Aid Kit is excellent value for money and a must have for any coach or teacher. Containing everything you could need to treat injuries on the field.
This brightly coloured set of 6, flat disc non-skid rubber sport marker spots remove the risk of injury during indoor and outdoor running drills.
This resource introduces you to the subject of positive behaviour management in sport. It helps you learn why unwanted behaviour occurs and how to deal with situations as they arise.
A unique set of 10 x A2 coaching posters, compiled by renowned expert Clive Brewer, covering all major strength and conditioning techniques.
Everyone involved has a responsibility to improve equality standards for sport. As a coach, you have an important role to play. Full guidance on best practice is given in this book.
Web Based Resources
These websites offer services which may help to support you in your coaching. (Please note: by offering these links the RFL are not endorsing/recommending the products or content of these websites.)
- sports coach UK Resource Bank - searchable library of useful coaching resources
- teamer - private organisational and social platform to communicate with your team
- Coach's Eye - coaching tool app which enables you to record and analyse your footage, add annotations/voiceover and share it with others
- Tacklesport - offers various coaching resources including software, DVDs, apps, etc.
- CoachTrue Anti-Doping Learning Tool - online anti-doping learning tool
- OnSport - web service that allows club members and officials to communicate more easily and efficiently
- Sport Session Planner - allows coaches to create 3D session plans easily and can be stored for sharing
- Dartfish - range of software for sports clubs providing notational analysis
For a list of more coaching web services, apps and software see sports coach UK's "Technology to use in your coaching".