Booking on a Course
Use the Events Calendar to find out when the next courses are.
To learn more about the different coaching courses on offer, see the documents in the Downloads menu on the right-hand side. If you are interested in booking on a course visit the Course Booking website or call 0113 201 5464.
About the Courses
The UKCC coaching programme gives coaches the opportunity to update and develop in ‘new’ coaching techniques, which will support their players’ development.
For more specific course information on levels 1-4, use the links below:
Once you have successfully completed your qualification, you will be licensed to coach for a period of 3 years. The license will only be revalidated after that period if you are able to evidence Continual Professional Development (CPD)
The responsibility for remaining fully and appropriately licensed rests with you, the coach. Failure to meet the conditions of the licence will mean that you will no longer be able to coach although your qualification remains valid. If your licence does lapse, the only way back onto the coaching system is to enrol and complete another coaching course.
What do I need to do?
For a full listing of the development opportunities available through the Coaching section, please go to the coaching development section.
Coaches may be able to apply for funding for their courses from their clubs or other funding bodies.
sports coach UK publish a Funding Opportunities for Coaching Guide which contains information and contact details for potential funding bodies in the UK, both national and county.
Why carry out the Skills Awards?
- Motivates young players to have fun and learn skills whilst performing to the best of their ability.
- Enables coaches to observe young players in a game situation, and ascertain if learning has taken place, by the players being able to transfer the skills learnt into practice.
How are the Skills Awards carried out?
- Although assessment sheets are linked to the Level 1 CAYPABLE games cards, the flexible approach enables assessments to be carried out by other appropriate games devised by the coach.
- Players are observed in a small sided game or club game displaying the criteria listed for each of the core skills.
- The criteria can be achieved over a period of time and will help young players development over a broad range of skills.
What happens after the coach completes the Skills Awards?
- On completion of the award, the skills registration sheet is returned to the RFL who will arrange issue of FREE certificates.
- Additional sheets are available to download below
For further information contact the RFL on 0113 201 5464.