No matter how many teams a club runs it is always going to be expensive.
Every aspect of running a club, from improving facilities to providing new kit or from paying insurance to hiring training facilities, are dependent on clubs having sufficient money.
The RFL is committed to helping its clubs to achieve their funding needs and is always on hand to assist and answer questions.
The Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASC) scheme was designed to support grassroots sports clubs.
The CASC scheme was designed to support grassroots sports clubs, and by gaining Community Amateur Sports Clubs status your club could be taking advantage of a number of benefits to save money.
The key benefits of CASC are:
- 80% mandatory business rate relief
- The ability to raise funds from donations under Gift Aid
- Tax-free income from interest and capital gains (used for qualifying purposes)
- Exemption from corporation tax on trading income (up to £30k) and income from property (up to £20k)
To be eligible, your club must:
- Be community-focused and open to all without discrimination
- Have a core purpose in the promotion of amateur sports recognised by the Sports Councils
- Reinvest any income back into the club
To gain CASC status your club's constitution (or other governing documents; memorandum & articles, club rules) must show that it meets the eligibility criteria including those stated above.
To find out more about the CASC scheme, hear about clubs who have saved money and to apply, please visit the CASC website www.cascinfo.co.uk
JustGiving is the largest online fundraising community in the world and is now available to clubs who have gained CASC (Community Amateur Sports Club) status.
JustGiving have dropped their subscription fees – worth £180 a year – for all CASCs meaning they can sign up today.
So, if you are a CASC visit www.justgiving.com/sportsclubs and you’ll receive:
- Step by step registration help
- A JustGiving webpage for your club and unlimited JustGiving pages for your club’s members to raise money through
- Expert fundraising guidance and expertise
- Help from a person at the other end of a phone if you need it, for both your club and your members