Chester Gladiators launch Masters team
Chester Gladiators are looking to start a Masters team for all men aged over 35 who want to play Rugby League.
Masters is strictly a social version of the sport and the rules are slightly modified to cater for the older player.
The club plan to play fixtures from May until August against teams from across the north west.
Gladiators chairman Jim Green said: "If you’re 35 or over then Masters Rugby League is the game for you.
"There are no winners, no champions and no cup finals. Masters is about is the spirit of the game, in fact the most important rule is that everyone has to buy a drink for their opposite number.
"Masters is all about fun, participation and friendship."
Just like the full version of the game Masters is 13 a-side, however rule modifications include:
• The defensive line is kept 5 metres back, instead of 10.
• Different coloured shorts for different age groups.
• No more than 2 players allowed in any tackle and no fending/handoffs
• Once progress has stopped, players are preferred to succumb
• Rough and over vigorous play is not condoned; safety is paramount
• Passive scrums happen after nearly all infringements and turnovers
• 1 marker and dummy half/acting half back must pass
• Kicks only allowed on the last tackle
• 25 minutes each way with unlimited interchange
• No coach required, just a team captain who acts as the point of contact.
If you are interested in playing or have any questions please email email@example.com or phone 07512 355396.
For more information on Chester Gladiators visit www.chestergladiators.com.