Academy Accreditation 2013
On an annual basis all Academies are accredited.
The purpose of accreditation is:
- To monitor and evaluate the performance and progression of the Academies
- Recognises the strengths in the work that Academies do
- Identifies areas for improvement
The process focused upon 4 key areas of the Academy:
- Achievements of the system – the improvements in the performance of players and coaches over a prolonged period.
- Quality of Leadership and Management – the strategy and vision of the Academy and progress made
- How well Academies meet the needs of players- the welfare, education and safeguarding that is in place
- The Delivery of the Player Development system- The approaches used to optimise the development of players through to your First Grade and England.
This is the third year in which such an exercise has been done. On the whole the Academies are showing that they are year on year increasing the quality of the player supply for both the Super League and England programmes at all levels.