WIN a trip to New York with Halifax RLFC
Halifax RLFC are giving fans the chance to win the trip of a lifetime to New York, ‘The Big Apple’, during their home game against Whitehaven on Sunday July 7.
Halifax will take to the pitch at The Shay Stadium for the first time in almost two months after undertaking work to relay and lengthen the pitch and to celebrate every spectator who either pays an entrance fee into the game or chooses to buy a special raffle ticket on the night will be in with the chance of winning a weekend for 2 people in a top Manhattan hotel, including return flights, transfers and three nights in a four star hotel.
"The Big Apple Day" doesn’t stop there as there will be a special BBQ with local band International Party Doctors playing live in the car park before the match and there's all manner of entertainment for young fans too and Kingstone Press cider will be on sale for the very first time at the venue.
After the game the day will end with Under 7 and Under 8 tournaments showing off the local talent, who could be wearing the famous blue and white in the 2030s.
The Big Apple Day starts in the East Stand car park from 12noon, with the big match kicking off at 3pm and the kids tournament at 4:45pm.
And YOU could be the one to win that trip of a lifetime to New York
Admission prices (that include a raffle ticket for the New York Prize) are: -
East Stand Seating - Adults £18, Concessions £13
South Terrace Standing - Adults £15, Concessions £10
Concessions are full time students and adults aged 60 and over.
Junior Admission £5 (raffle tickets only available to over 18s)
Terms and Conditions of the Draw
This prize draw is open to residents of the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man aged 18 years or over, except employees of Halifax RLFC (Trading) Limited and Halifax Rugby League Football Club, their families, agents or anyone else professionally associated with the draw.
2. Details of how to enter form part of the terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to modify the Promotion at any time without prior notice.
3. Entries can only be made by persons attending and/or lawfully acquiring tickets to the Kingstone Press Championship Fixture between Halifax RLFC and Whitehaven RLFC scheduled for 3pm on Sunday 7th July 2013 or any rearrangement of that fixture ‘the Fixture'. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries, or entries sent through agencies and third parties, will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries.
One winner will be drawn at random from all entries received by half time in the Fixture. The winner's name can be obtained by sending a sae to Halifax RLFC, Shay Stadium, Halifax HX1 2YT between 8th July, 2013 and 31st July, 2013.
4. All entries must be received by half-time in the Fixture (approx 3.45pm on 7th July 2013.
5. The winner will be announced after the draw and at 10 minute intervals thereafter until claimed or the end of the Fixture whichever is the sooner. Should the Promoter be unable to contact a winner, or should a winner be unable to confirm their acceptance of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age and/or country of residence.
6. The prize as described is available on the date of the Fixture.
7. The winner will receive a 3-night holiday for two people to a Manhattan Hotel of the Promoter's Election. The holiday is on a room only basis and includes:
A. return flights to a New York airport from Manchester or the closest convenient airport providing direct flights for the prizewinner..
B. return ground transfers between the New York Airport and the Manhattan Hotel.
8. The prize excludes meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, travel insurance, personal expenses, and visas. The winner and their companion must hold a current and valid passport and any other relevant travel documentation required for travel to and entry to the USA.
It is the responsibility of the winner to (i) organize and pay costs associated with obtaining visas for the travelling party; (ii) ensure that the travelling party is adequately insured including without limitation covering overseas medical costs, and (iii) ensure that the travelling party adheres to the travel itinerary and other relevant safety instructions as set out by the Prize Provider and/or Promoter.
It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the Prize Provider and/or Promoter of any wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their companion when taking up the prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
Where any of the winner's companions are aged under 18 years old, they must have prior parental or guardian permission and must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 or over when taking up the prize.
9. The holiday is subject to availability and must be completed by no later than 1st February 2014. The holiday must be taken within the time periods of Friday August 2, 2013 to Friday 31 January, 2014 (excluding December 2013 and January 1st to 3rd 2014).
10. All elements of the prize are subject to availability, non transferable and there are no cash alternatives. It cannot be sold or given to an alternative party.
11. In winning the prize the prize winner automatically conforms to the standard booking terms and conditions of the travel agent or package provider nominated by the Promoter.
12. The winner and their companion may be required to participate in publicity.
13. Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
Promoter: Mick Scott, Halifax RLFC, The Shay Stadium, Halifax HX1 2YT