Below you'll find various useful coaching resources.
Video: Coach Behaviour Analysis
> How coaching can improve quality of life in communities - watch video
> Increasing and sustaining sports participation through coaching - watch video
> Engaging with children through coaching - watch video
> Coaching methods - watch video
> Observation, analysis and evaluation - watch video
> Planning and organising in coaching - watch video
More videos are available on the sports coach UK YouTube channel.
RFL Coaching Qualification Framework 2013-17
G.A.P.S. Sports Coaching App
This free app helps coaches and sports teachers of all levels plan exciting and effective sessions on the move.
It provides access to over 2000 animated games, activities, practices and skills from 8 different sports including Rugby League.
Coaching Matters - Digital Editions
Take a look at the digital editions of Coaching Matters - the official magazine for Rugby League coaches.
You can download any of these issues, simply click on the download icon on the top left-hand side of the digital edition.
Coaching Edge Article - Brain Training
Coaching Edge magazine looks at mind-management techniques for coaches.
Funding Opportunities for Coaching Guide
Produced by sports coach UK in partnership with the England Coaching Network and SkillsActive, the Guide provides information on funding available in England to support coaching.
Primary Rugby League Rule Book
The Primary Rugby League games programme is now firmly established and accepted as the vehicle to introduce children to the great game of Rugby League.
Challenging Anti Gay (homophobic) Abuse and Behaviour
This guidance document, focusing on challenging anti gay or homophobic abuse and behaviour, is the first of several such documents that the RFL intend to produce.
Perceptions & Experiences of Rugby League: Young LGBT people
This latest report provides a unique insight into the perceptions and experiences of young LGBT people in relation to Rugby League.
Perceptions & Experiences of Rugby League: Asian Muslim young people
This research was undertaken by Rugby League to help better understand the specific perceptions and experiences of Rugby League, the potential barriers to participation and ways forward for the future among specific Asian Communities.
Websites and Online Resources/Tools
The following websites and online tools offer services which may help to support you in your coaching. (Please note: by offering these links the RFL are not endorsing/recommending the products or content of these websites.)
- sports coach UK Resource Bank - searchable library of useful coaching resources
- teamer - private organisational and social platform to communicate with your team
- Coach's Eye - coaching tool app which enables you to record and analyse your footage, add annotations/voiceover and share it with others
- Tacklesport - offers various coaching resources including software, DVDs, apps, etc.
- CoachTrue Anti-Doping Learning Tool - online anti-doping learning tool
- OnSport - web service that allows club members and officials to communicate more easily and efficiently
- Coach Clean - anti-doping e-Learning programme for coaches
- Sport Session Planner - allows coaches to create 3D session plans easily and can be stored for sharing
- Dartfish - range of software for sports clubs providing notational analysis
- Create Development - providers of some of the content in RFL's Level 1 Award
For a list of more coaching web services, apps and software see sports coach UK's "Technology to use in your coaching".