Booking on a Course
Use the Events Calendar to find out when the next courses are »
Level 2 Coaching Certificate in Rugby League
Have you held a Level 1 for 2 years or more, are an experienced coach with a good knowledge of Rugby League and would like to coach in the open age or community game (13 a side)?...then the Level 2 is just for you...
Four day course 9.00am - 5.30pm
32 hours on course
48 hours home study/coaching practice
The full cost is £200.00. Please note that a transfer fee of £45 and an admin fee of £15 for a cancelled course will apply.
Minimum age 18
Is the L2CCRL for me?
This is the standard qualification for coaches operating within the community game, at 13 a side and open age, or coaches who have worked as level 1 coach for two years who now wish to progress. The course is suitable for those with some experience of Rugby League and the requirements of coaching. The course focuses and develops the principles of coaching outlined in the Level 1 Coaching Certificate. If you would like to develop and improve your coaching skills, then the L2CCRL is designed for you.
Why should I study the L2CCRL?
It forms part of a structured and progressive programme of sports coaching and other related qualifications, offering you access and involvement in introducing others to the sport of rugby league.
What can I use the L2CCRL for?
- To gain paid or unpaid employment as a rugby league coach.
- As part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and recreation industry.
- Progress to a Level 3 Certificate in Coaching Rugby League qualifications.
What will I learn?
- coaching principles and ethics in rugby league
- how to plan rugby league coaching sessions
- the delivery of rugby league coaching sessions
- how to review rugby league coaching sessions.
What do I need to do to pass the course?
- Attend all of the course hours.
- Pass all sections of the multiple-choice theory assessment paper.
- Successfully complete the practical coaching sessions on the course which will involve planning, delivery and review of your coaching sessions.
- Provide evidence of the completion of the pre-course workbook and on course tasks.
Please open the "Level 1 & 2 course dates" document below for courses in 2013. This document is updated on a regular basis but please contact 0113 201 5464 for current course availability.
Please note that you need to be available on ALL of the dates of the course that you are interested in attending.
Booking on a Course
If you are interested in booking on a course visit the Course Booking website or call 0113 201 5464.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CORE SKILLS AND TECHNICAL MANUAL USED ON THE COURSE CAN BE FOUND IN THE RESOURCE CENTRE.
> Take a look at the Resource Centre for Level 2 resources