Booking on a Course
Use the Events Calendar to find out when the next courses are.
Level 1 Coaching Certificate in Rugby League
9.00am - 5.30pm
Split into: 16 hrs on course time and 24 hrs home study time.
£140.00 per candidate
Please note that a transfer fee of £45 and an admin fee of £15 for a cancelled course will apply.
Minimum age 16
Is the L1ACRL for me?
The L1ACRL is designed for adults (over 16 years of age) who are looking for an introduction to working with groups of children, junior rugby league teams, or for parents of children in junior rugby league teams who want to get more involved.
The course is suitable for parents, volunteers and those with limited experience of the game and coaching. It is recommended that if you are going to coach children you attend this course. You do not have to have rugby league experience and this course is suitable for parents, players, or students in further or higher education studying a sports-related qualification. This vocational qualification is seen as the first rung on the coaching ladder.
Why should I study the L1ACRL?
- To help both children and young players develop their rugby league skills correctly and safely.
- To introduce good coaching practices.
- To provide an introduction to coaching rugby league.
- To develop your core skills of the game.
What can I use the L1ACRL for?
- Successful completion will allow you to seek employment in appropriate paid or voluntary rugby league roles.
- Opportunities may include coaching in club and school environments, or the equivalent.
- You can use it as part of the development of a credible CV for employment in the sport and recreation industry.
- The L1ACRL is regarded as the minimum standard qualification for coaches working in the modified game.
- You can also use it as a stepping stone to the Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Rugby League (L2CCRL) which is the required standard level to coach rugby league in the 13-a-side game
What will I learn?
Your learning programme will develop your understanding of:
- how to prepare and deliver effective rugby league coaching sessions from session cards
- how to review your performance as a coach and seek further development opportunities.
- safety and ethics in rugby league
What do I need to do to pass the course?
- Attend all of the course hours/days.
- Successfully complete the practical coaching sessions on the course which will involve planning, delivery and review of your coaching sessions
- Complete the tasks in your learner pack
Please open the "Level 1 & 2 course dates" document below for courses in 2013. This document is updated on a regular basis but please contact 0113 201 5464 for current course availability.
Please note, that you need to be available on ALL of the dates of the course that you are interested in attending.
Booking on a Course
If you are interested in booking on a course visit the Course Booking website or call 0113 201 5464.
Due to the level of autonomy and responsibility attached to a qualified coach operating at this level, only candidates over the age of 18 years can apply for an RFL licence to practice independently. Holders of this qualification who are under 18 years of age must be supervised by another licensed coach, qualified to a minimum of Level 2 or above, or a qualified teacher.
> Take a look at the Resource Centre for Level 1 resources