The RFL works closely with Sport England on the club accreditation scheme Clubmark.
By working towards Clubmark, clubs can join a growing number of clubs from all over the country that are offering an accessible environment where safe, effective and quality coaching in a welcoming environment.
As a forward thinking governing body the RFL recognises that the clubs are a key factor in the development and growth of the sport and the accreditation scheme is now classified in two tiers, Clubmark and Clubmark Gold.
This is the minimum operating standards for all clubs and contains all the generic Sport England criteria.
This includes; having appropriately qualified coaches, having a registered Child Welfare Officer, signing up to the RFL anti-bullying policy, implementing a club equal opportunities policy and completing the annual club survey.
- Increased membership… gives parents confidence when choosing a club
- Retention… the culture that Clubmark promotes boosts the morale of players and ensures that volunteers are recognised
- Facilities… more and more local authorities give priority to Clubmark clubs
- Volunteers… Clubmark provides a volunteer structure where hard work and dedication is recognised. Once accredited, clubs find more people are keen to get involved, especially parents
- Links with schools… increasingly, schools are looking for guarantees of quality and the presence of child-friendly procedures and local schools are encouraged to signpost children to Clubmark clubs
- Raised profiles… Clubmark is a highly valued accreditation. As well as raising the profile with local authorities, national governing bodies and other sporting bodies, accredited clubs are on a national database and other directories to help them publicise what they do and help them to go
- Marketing & Communication… Clubmark clubs can access the Clubmark members’ area, utilise the Clubmark logo and take advantage of other brand resources as well as bespoke information to help them generate publicity. The universal Clubmark brand, recognising quality clubs across more than 30 sports is a really valuable marketing tool.
For more information on Clubmark please visit the Clubmark website: www.clubmark.org.uk